1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shirley Sherrod/Andrew Breitbart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Where have I seen this before?

Oh, right, Dan Rather.

The selective outrage is amusing.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Or... stop hiring idiots as advisors.

3. YankeeFan

O'Reilly just said that he aired the tape on Monday night & called for her resignation.

Edit:

He apologizes to her, citing his own experience with his quotes "being taken out of context" after dining at Sylvia's in Harlem.

But then goes through the transcript to point out other problems he has with her views.

Part of her speech was overtly partisan, a no-no for a government official.

And she characterizes a lot of the opposition & "nastiness" in response to the Health Care Bill as racism. Kind of ironic now.

Here's the one quote:

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Was apologizing or defending?

5. YankeeFan

A little bit of both I suppose.

He called for her resignation on Monday night. He apologized tonight.

But, he still has some issues with her. (See my edited post above.)

6. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

As are your constant attempts to change the subject.

Since you're the one setting up the equivalency, should Breitbart suffer the same career fate as Rather?

No offense, YF, but I'll take the word of a civil-rights hero like John Lewis over a lying right-wing hack like Breitbart any day.

7. YankeeFan

Hannity & Dana Perino (subbing for Greta) also did the story on Monday night.

8. YankeeFan

Lewis will no longer say that anyone called him the "N" word or spat on him.

I'm not aware of anyone who will stand by the story.

They won't deny it. But they will no longer confirm it.

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Breitbart's bogus 100K offer received the proper reaction: It was ignored. And as far as standing by the story ... there's no way to win an argument with the foaming-at-the-mouth right. The point was made. There's video out there, and people can make up their own minds.

There was really no reason to give this attention whore any more unnecessary publicity. He would have just sputtered, lied and moved the goalposts, anyway. It's the way he rolls.

There are no doubt plenty of well-intentioned people in the tea party movement. There are also some vile, disgusting losers.

10. YankeeFan

If I could find proof, I'd take the 100K. So would you.

There is no proof.

And there was/is no outrage.

And the claims were made by members of Congress not some blogger. People that should know better.

But, because the charges were made against anonymous "Tea Baggers", no one in the media saw fit to rush to their defense.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Lewis is an expert at jumping off a sinking ship to save his ass. When he was about to lose his seat for endorsing Hilary he switched to Obama.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Exactly. This administration will never have their support anyway, so why do anything to appease them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.