1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shia Labeouf takes on Spielberg, Bay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, May 17, 2010.

?

Good move or bad move by LaBeouf to bash Transformers 2 and Indiana Jones?

1. Good move - he's right

47.2%
  2. Good move - it gets his name out there

11.1%
  3. Bad move - He'll get crushed by Bay and Spielberg like an extra getting stomped on by Megatron

30.6%
  4. Bad move - his criticisms are akin to Dallas Braden taking on A-Rod

38.9%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The first two were classics. Jedi and Sith were both OK, but very disappointing. Episodes 1 and 2 are both steaming piles of shit.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'll agree with that -- it was the director's over-reliance on CGI, rather than CGI itself.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Revenge of the Sith better than The Empire Strikes Back?

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Count again.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Whoops. That may be even worse. Revenge of the Sith better than the original? Talk about fail.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

He is right, and good for him for being honest about it. He accepted blame as well, so he was on point. Hard to think he'll get in trouble for that. It's likely the directors saw things the same way.

I've always liked Shia and thought he was a pretty good actor. I think his ceiling is pretty high.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The guy needs to get over himself.
    He makes popular movies. Box office, not quality, is the only facet that concerns him or anyone associated with the projects.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

When his most famous role outside of Transformers and Indiana Jones is starring on a show with Donna Pescow as his mama, that's all I need to know about him. Good actor, but need to pipe down. He's the one picking to do these roles, unless he wins the role during an audition.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, exactly. Plus he was a goofball in that show, and now every picture you see of him he's got this brooding look like he wants to be considered the next Nicolas Cage or James Dean or something. Please.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

According to IMDB, Bay decided against casting another actor who compared him to Hitler.

No Megan Fox in Transformers 3.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Complaints like those by Fox and Shia remind me of Sharon Stone complaining about "the shot" in Basic Instinct. What was she doing before that movie came out?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

AKA Katherine Heigl attacking the quality of her TV show and her movie with Setht Rogan only to sign on for that wedding dress movie and this latest lame spy flick with Ashton Kutcher.
    As Big Daddy would say: Mendacity!

Draft saved Draft deleted