1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep is done and so am I

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Exactly. And as much as I deplore pretty much everything Old Tony stands for politically, I'd still like to be able to be treated like an adult enough that I can view the threads in which he is destined to make an ass of himself. :)

KYSportsWriter and JC like this.
  2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Can't it be both?

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I got Jeff's PM too, and I told him we shouldn't be banning posters simply for being dicks, but if we are, Boom is still way on down the list.

In his reply, he said he didn't think the board would be much different than it had been.

My response: It already is.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How many of you are pissed because it's one of your side of the football that got kicked or left?

Anyone care to make a list of people driven off because a few people just wanted to shit on threads or fuck with people all day?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It was classy of Jeff to throw his moderators under the bus like that.

old_tony and KYSportsWriter like this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding. My thoughts exactly. I never posted much on the political threads, but I enjoyed reading them and have never objected (on SJ.com or in real life) when people have told me to stick my leftist agenda up my ass. :D

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have always felt Tony does a very good job separating his dislike for Obama with sports threads.

I have no problem with people being able to place one thing in section A and one thing in section B. It's just a few decide to smear feces all over the store.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I am fine with how politics is treated. The causticity spreads beyond a political thread's walls. It just does. And I see enough John Birch shit here as it is.

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't agree with permabans and never agreed with the closing of the politics thread.
    But it is Jeff's business to run. He ponied up the money, it's his fort and he makes the rules.
    He told people to clean up their acts or hit the bricks. Including Fart.
    I'd rather hear the directive from him than a moderator.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I also spoke with Jeff via PM, and I understood his reasoning. For several years, the atmosphere on this board has been pretty toxic at times. And as I understand (and Fart confirms), those people had a chance to stop being dicks for the sake of being dicks. I don't like to see people banned, and Boom had been around far longer than I have and wouldn't have been at the top of my list, but he brought it on himself. People can disagree without being asses, and the few political-ish threads we have had recently confirm that. But just stirring up shit isn't fun for anyone except that poster (for reasons I'll never understand).

Jeff likes this.
  11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I speak for myself, not on the behalf of anyone else.

The lay of the land is changing and I want to see if I fit in.

Back when Lucas was asking for donations, I ponied up. More than once. Means nothing now, but was a time I gave a fuck about the board enough to lay out cash.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Too many Francises (Francii?) here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.