1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep is done and so am I

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

There was a message board in the 1990s, it might have been Joe Rogan's, where if you misbehaved, they turned your profile pink and you couldn't post for a week. It was pretty hilarious.

This board has taken a big hit in the last year or so and I'm not sure it can survive another year like that. When someone like Copperpot, who never caused any controversy and never pissed anyone off, aside from people being babies over a Sheep result, it says a lot... I would be curious how many people were banned in the first decade of the site as opposed to now.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Thank you for the response and clearing this up.

Jeff's mind was set in stone by the time he sent the PM out, in my opinion.

He owns the board, so he sets the rules. I get that. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything that comes down here. I still do not like this new design, for what it's worth, which isn't much, if anything at all.

I am wondering if there will be consequences for discussing all this.

And I know I'm free to pull up stakes and move on, and the board will go on without me. The post by copperpot struck a nerve with me, and I wanted to respond out on the board and not hide anything behind PM.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Really? I would not.

4. RecoveringJournalist

I wasn't upset that Versatile was banned. I thought he was a colossal dick. I don't like the idea of anyone being banned, and I didn't even notice Versatile was gone until someone made reference to it, probably on the sheep thread.

I didn't see Boom that way. He used to be, but hadn't been for quite some time. Then again, he and I got along (at least for the last few years), so maybe I didn't notice as much, but with him, he liked to stir the pot and if you took the bait, maybe he bothered you more than he bothered me.

Riptide likes this.
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if everyone feels the way you do, RJ. There are a lot of people here. They're not all going to agree. On anyone. Simple as that.

6. RecoveringJournalist

That's possible. I think there's a difference between not liking someone and wanting them banned.

I can't think of anyone here who I would want banned.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

How many of you wanted me banned during Favre's first season with the Vikings?

Be honest, it's OK.

Can't say I blame anyone if they did, but I sure had fun posting all those Favre pictures and poking the Packer fans and Favre haterz with a stick!

8. RecoveringJournalist

I'm sure there are a few of us who, at some point over the history of this board, were surprised they weren't banned.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Problem solved with minimal butthurt.
    People actually would have fun with it ... instead of leaving in droves.

10. RecoveringJournalist

It was funny. If you started acting like a douche, people would say, "Have fun being pink."

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Exactly. It would be awesome on this board, too.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pink, huh? Oh, the hot takes that would fly around here....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.