1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaving question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jun 28, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wold have added the quote. I still might.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've tried all kinds of shaving devices over the years and I agree with Doubledown and Mike: you can't beat the Mach 3.

I've had a few electric razors over the years and never liked any of 'em.

And Spnited's suggestion is only semi-facetious: nothing gives a closer shave than a Todd Sweeney special.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Whatever floats your boat. Given your haunting knowledge of all 90's sitcoms and the like, I'm starting to think that Jim Carrey's character in "The Cable Guy" was loosely based on you.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's funny that you said that, dude. Just yesterday, I found out I live near a Medieval Times restaurant. I took pictures and sent it to my friend. Then I asked him if he wanted Pepsi.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've had a Mach 3 since it came out about a decade ago (that's a lie; I didn't start shaving regularly until I started college.) But it's close, and if you shave with and against the grain, nothing is smoother.

6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

http://www.braun.com/na/products/shavinggrooming/dryshaving/dryshaving.html

rb

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I have been using the Fusion that has a battery in it and vibrates. Although I'll be damned if I understand what the vibrating function is supposed to accomplish. ... Oh ... Really?

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

10 years? Wow. I noticed a steep drop in quality in my first electric after about 3. I decided to get another one after deeming that one unsatisfactory, and I think the new one sucks - and it's only been six months.

If my judgment is held true, I'd lose my face after 10 years with the original.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Real men don't need shaving gel!

I keed! I keed!

I use the Gilette Mach 3, but I rarely use shaving cream or gel. That's usually because I'm too lazy.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I use either Edge or a lot of soap (I shave in the shower).

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It was a Norelco rotary. Absolutely loved the thing.

12. I'm pretty happy with this.

http://www.braun.com/na/360complete/360complete.html

Draft saved Draft deleted