1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharpe James Indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/07/former_newark_mayor_sharpe_jam.html

The guy had a good run ripping off the public. And at 71, he was still able to work the strange. The link is worth clicking on, if only for the picture of his lady friend.

Edit -- James, not Jones!

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

He's the black Edwin Edwards...crooked as all fuck, investigated a million times, down with the lovely ladies.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's the tax fraud, stupid.

That's how the feds finally nailed Al Capone.

4. Yeah, black Vampira is totally hot ::)

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm shocked . . . shocked.

6. Webster

If this was state court, then he could skate. But the jury pool in Newark federal court won't be as favorable.

Just looked at some of the specifics -- I didn't realize that he owned a Rolls Royce. I had heard about the huge boat and the big shore house, but that is insane.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This event couldn't come soon enough. I can't contend with what James did when he first started as mayor, but for at least 15-years he's done his best to be as corrupt as possible.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want to be top dog in Newark, except to loot the place?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think you just answered your own question.

10. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

Speaking of mayors and federal corruption cases, is Buddy Cianci still in jail?

11. Webster

Sharpe actually started as a reformer. Let's hope that Cory Booker doesn't fall into the same trap.

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

"Street Fight" is a great documentary, about the race between Mr. James and Newark's current mayor.

Draft saved Draft deleted