1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharapova has got some nerve

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Holy shit. That video is hilarious for like 20 different reasons.

1. Igor's mustache is a work of art. Really, it's everything you could ask for in a cheesy Russian rock star with mob ties.

2. Igor's haircut is even better. As Bob pointed out, it's like he went to a barber in St. Petersburg and said "Give me guy from Nickleback look."

3. The fact that Elena climbs into a sweet car with flip-up doors.

4. The fact that they play tennis for their date with a glowing tennis ball, and Dementieva steps in and hits a volley to keep one of his errant shots in play. In fact, they have to show him hitting the same shot four times, he's so effin bad.

5. The fact that he's show mixing his love long on a bulky laptop. '

6. The fact she joins in at the end and sings part of the chorus.

7. His blue and pink polka dot shirt in that scene.

8. The look on his face when he flashes her the two fingered "What up?" at the 2:04 mark.

This is clearly the greatest Russian rock ballad involving a player who has never captured a major title in the history of such videos. I hope to see it in heavy rotation on GH1 (Glasnost Hits 1) Classic. I seriously hope the Russian version of BYH (BitterYoungComrade) enjoys it often as he grows out his Yanni-esq curls and mustache.

Draft saved Draft deleted