1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharapova has got some nerve

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Outing alert: BYH is CindyBJ.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Do people really think she's a "goddess?"

I'm not really a big fan of chipping away at the looks of beautiful women, but....

Ms. Sharapova has an exceptional figure. There is no disputing that. But in terms of beauty, she has a very average face. That might be uncouth to say, but I think it's the truth. Seriously, I went to high school with girls who were more "beautiful" than her. (I hate the term "butterface." It reminds me of every frat guy I ever wanted to punch in the nose. So please refrain from using it.)

But if we're going to start referring to Maria in such fawning terms, I think we should be honest about it.

She's kinda average looking. Great legs though.

[​IMG]

3. I hear what you're saying, DD, but let me just say this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

And in other news, SJ Masturbation Nation has sent a petition to Webby requesting an immediate ban for once-respected poster Double Down. :D

Seriously, DD, I'm going to have disagree with you. I'm usually not one to go fawning over every female that walks the earth, but she's pretty damn good looking.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I was going to go with:

... and some legs!

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I dunno who that is, but I think he may be right. Sharapova's not quite that, err, endowed.

Yeah, whatever. Like you were looking at her face, either, assholes! :D

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I second that.

I will need a second, corroborating photo.

No way that's Sharapova.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

That face could adorn a lot of advertisements. And not just because her name sells products.

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Since she's Russian, it makes me think: Since Communism collapsed, isn't there many more babes being shown from Russia than there was before - when even the figure skaters (who are typically attractive) were evil looking?

The only semi-hot Russian I can remember when they were known as Soviets was Nelli Kim, the gymnast.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If that's really her, everything is pushed up a lot...

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2200647/Maria-Sharapova%27s-grunts-at-Wimbledon-%27like-pneumatic-drill%27.html">In other Maria news, the intrepid British press has uncovered that her grunts are louder than a lawn mower or a motorcycle.</a>

12. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Well, if it's not Sharapova, it's someone else with an endorsement with Prince racquets. Vaidisova has a deal with Yonex.

Edit: I am fully full of fail for the Becky Hammon goof.

Draft saved Draft deleted