1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaq vs.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

No, not really...they never kicked any extra points.
    Also, there was a point where Shaq ran on the field -- off the sideline -- and intercepted what would have been a Roethlisberger completion...so there was that.
    And again, they totally re-did the first series. So how do you enumerate that?
    Also, keep in mind I had to watch from beyond a fence in the end zone standing on the bumper of my car and write that story...there was a strict "no media inside" policy.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Had to watch tonight - between Shaq, the prospect of him in a pink Speedo and going against Walsh and May, figured it would at least be pretty funny.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The show was way too long, but I agree Roethlisberger really helped his reputation by doing this show. They showed him throwing the ball to fans, even a disabled kid and he seemed to be having a lot of fun with it, which really made him seem likable.

At the beginning of the game, my wife said, "How much do you want to bet Roethlisberger's team wins 21-14 on the final drive?"

I liked the show, but I am a little stunned to see it on a network. I guess it makes for good summer viewing.

Draft saved Draft deleted