1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaq vs.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 19, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He'd get blown out, look foolish especially if he can't skate, probably win, look foolish.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Well this is interesting...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/08/19/20090819spt-boivinshaq.html

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or maybe he stole this guy's idea:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/18/shaq-vs-a-man-claiming-the-show-is-a-rip-off/

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Just another example of Nash setting up a teammate.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Not only does he have to swim a lap, but do a dive off the platform. Ensuing hilarity for all to enjoy.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The original link mentioned that lawsuit, too.

7. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

It was tremendously boring and contrived...I was there, had to "cover" it in a sense. The filmed a ton of takes and the most interesting thing was how tense it was, being that was the same day Ben gave the press conference about the Nevada lawsuit.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09206/986386-66.stm

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So in other words, it's scripted? If so, that takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Sure, I figured everything prior to the game was scripted and fake but I had hoped the action itself would at least be real. If not, that makes me sad. This was a promising show and I was looking forward to it. I won't watch it, however, if Shaq isn't actually competing against these guys/girls.

9. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

It was not totally scripted, but not a pure competition either...let me explain.
    Shaq came out at the taping and ,after all the pomp and circumstance introductions, threw a TD on the second throw.
    Then this producer gets on the bullhorn, yaks something about how they didn't like the way that the open went and everyone went back in the locker room.
    They start all over --- go back in the locker rooms, do the introductions, the coin toss again, the first series', etc.
    The time Shaq's team didn't score.
    That said, the competition wasn't what you'd call "scripted" but it wasn't a pure competition, either.
    Does that make any sense?

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So, everything but the actual plays, the actual completions, the actual TDs was predetermined? That's alright with me.

You're a sports journalist. On the field, was the REAL final score 21-14 or not?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It was great. Too stretched, but awesome.

Big Ben REALLY helped his national rep.

He went from a great QB who gets drunk a lot and almost got killed in a motorcycle mishap to a very, very funny guy who can shoot the basketball.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe, but he whines about injuries too much (crossthreading). :)

Draft saved Draft deleted