1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaq studying at Syracuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by copperpot, May 19, 2009.

1. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Pretty cool story.

NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal, a current member of the Phoenix Suns, is in Syracuse completing a two-day broadcast journalism course called 'Sportscaster U' at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.

"After basketball, I'd love to have my own radio show, my own TV show," said Shaq, who spent Monday taping mock stand-ups, scripting material, and conducting interviews. Shaq even got the first on-camera interview with Greg Paulus since the former Duke point guard announced his decision to play football at SU.

On Monday night, Shaq Twittered about working out with the Syracuse men's lacrosse team. "Just left the weight room wit the NCAA lacrosse champions, dats right I said it, Syracuse is gonna win it all again," Shaq wrote.

http://www.syracuse.com/sports/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1242723324221180.xml&coll=1

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In a related note, Doug Marrone is denying reports that Shaq will compete for Syracuse's starting QB job this year.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fucker beat me to it.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I thought he was going to be a cop after the pros? Will he be doing ride-a-longs with the Onondaga Sheriff's Department?

5. Smarch

Smarch New Member

I think he should join the cast of Reno 911.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Just keep your lousy weather to yourself.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He should still have 2 years of eligibility, no? Does he have an agent? I'd love to see him at least practice with the Orange to see how long it takes before he beats the crap out of Devendorf.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

As long as he doesn't make a sequel to Kazaam.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hey, Cedric Yarbrough needs the work, man!

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

My cousin was a grip on that movie. He won't admit to it these days.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Devendorf bounced.

What a great journalist I am. I was in Syracuse today and had no idea.

12. Notepad

Notepad Member

Chico Harlan is embarrassed to cover sports.
    And that Shaq is studying at Syracuse.

Draft saved Draft deleted