1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaq is a Cleveland Cavalier

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks this isn't a great trade for the Cavaliers is nuts.

Shaquille will be motivated to make one more push for a title, and he knows this will be his best shot. Cleveland didn't give anyone away of note, merely had to take on a monster contract for one season - one that could be moved if, for some reason, the Cavs aren't contending late next season.

Shaquille didn't seem to have a problem being second fiddle to Dwyane Wade, and somehow I suspect he'll be more than OK with LeBron James. Just a guess ...

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

The trade definitely is a win for the Cavs. No question.

I'm not sure it pushes them over the top as far as championship favorites are concerned, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Yea, and free agency starts Wednesday, too. And the Cavs have some wiggle room with Szczerbiak's deal off the books and their MLE.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Milwaukee not making a qualifying offer to Villanueva means his grand standing about wanting to play with the LeBrons will be put to the test as you can bet Ferry will be throwing the MLE at him.

Put up or shut up time, Mr. Villanueva.

5. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Villanueva would be the missing piece for Cleveland. Offensively, however, I do have some concerns about Mo Williams and especially Gibson off the bench. Mo could not knock down open shots in the playoffs and Gibson couldn't knock down open shots in one on one games against the ballboy last year. Mo is a dangerous shooter, but he looked overwhelmed in Eastern Conference Finals last year. At least Hedo is going to be somewhere else next year. I could go the rest of my life without watching Delonte West guard him. BTW, West, listed at 6-4, is 6-1 at the most. CV would give them someone with length to guard the perimeter.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

CV is exactly the kind of stretch 4 Cleveland needs. The fact he has a bit of a mean streak, and is yet to turn 25, doesn't hurt, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted