1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shaken, Not Stirred

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Sean Connery is the ONLY james bond. It is "stirred, not shaken," since shaking bruises the gin, and the only weapon he uses is a Walther PPKS, the detective's version.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

You do mean James Bond, right?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ZING

4. "Your man James is ordering a watered-down martini and being snooty about it."
    -- President Jed Bartlet.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Oddly enough, Roger Moore never ordered a vodka martini. He drank a couple that were prepared for him, but he never placed the order himself.

6. I always loved the fact that Ian Fleming also wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

The original Fleming books make good beach reading

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I have a half dozen of the original paperbacks from when they first came about and a first edition You Only Live Twice hardback. The paperbacks aren't in good repair, but it's kinda nice to have.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

'You Only Live Twice' is the only time Bond takes the drink stirred, not shaken. The guy says something like, 'You take it stirred, not shaken, I believe?' and Bond says, 'Of course.' Never noticed until I watched 15 Bond movies this weekend.

And you know what else? All of those Bond girls of the 60s and 70s (before anyone worked out) would be considered out of shape by today's movie standards.

Draft saved Draft deleted