1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

[​IMG]

"Personally, I feel your co-worker's accusations are lewd, lascivious, salacious ... outrageous!"

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good stuff. If you were a girl I'd take you home with me.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Well, you should file a grievence with HR against her now.

And, stop the flirting........what you think is a "comment in passing" may not be perceived the same way.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Also, stop being an idiot.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Today, in another exciting installment of Shit That Didn't Happen theater, we hear a lurid tale of sexual harassment...

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Make mine with extra butter.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just a hunch, but I doubt this is the first quasi-offensive thing boots said to her. Leopards. Spots. You know the drill.

Castration is too good for this guy.

8. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Lots of flip "advice" being passed around here, which is too bad because this is serious stuff. Off the top of my head:
    (1) If you work in a unionized shop, go see your rep now for advice.
    (2) Avoid any one-on-one situations with this woman -- or any other woman, for that matter.
    (3) Visit your lawyer ASAP. Your H.R. department may very well be building a for-cause case for your dismissal right now. You won't get wind of it until its too late.
    And if your boss or HR tells you at any point to go home until further notice, then you're dead man walking. You'll get your termination papers in the mail three days later.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I know what my lawyer would say Boots.....

"SEXUAL HARASSMENT IS NOT ABOUT SEX. IT IS ABOUT POWER. AND WHEN, BOOTS, DID YOU HAVE THE POWER?"

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. boots

boots New Member

You don't know me. I bullshit a lot. Not at work. I'm a professional and carry myself that way.
    Again, this person and I have worked together for the past 4 years. Shared some good and bad times. I never made a pass at her and my remark to her was in response to what she made at me.
    I'm wondering if she was pissed because I laughed it off.

11. boots

boots New Member

The shit is hitting the fan and spreading. HR has called me back in for a meeting.

12. IU90

IU90 Member

This is not meant as an attack, boots, but its not possible that only one of you viewed what had been going on "for quite some time" as "kidding"? Because often on this site you really don't seem to comprehend why people find some of your posts offensive, annoying, or dumb. You don't think you might've been similarly out of touch here?

Perhaps what you thought was kidding she viewed as annoying and wished would stop and your "take her home" comment was simply the final straw. Based on what what I've seen here, I'd bet that's the case.

Before lawyering up, my advice would be to explain that it was misunderstanding and you shouldn't have said it, apologize profusely, and NEVER say anything even remotely sexually suggestive to a co-worker again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.