1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You could start by not making asinine comments to female co-workers while you are in the office. No offense dude, but you brought this shit on yourself.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Let's stay on track folks, and remember, bless you and have a happy Anita Hill's Pube On Your Coke day.

3. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

If what you say you said is true, they don't have a leg to stand on.
    Do you know someone who can verify what you told this woman?
    If you have a co-worker who can vouch for your behavior toward this woman or other women, have them go to the HR and explain.
    Where does freedom of speech fit in in this case?
    Obviously you can't cause someone emotional distress by making unavoidable, disgusting advances toward a person...but if you're attracted to someone, isn't it your right to tell them? Is there a line that someone crosses where it turns from flirting to sexual harrassment?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That makes far too much sense.

5. zagoshe

My advice to you......duck!!!!!

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And a happy IJAG Just Choked On Her Water Day.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

What he said was sexual harrassment. Plain and simple. It's out there. He crossed the line.

8. boots

boots New Member

She made the same statement to me first. I didn't say anything but laughed it off. Now, I'm being hauled in for the same thing? It's a double standard. I think I am going to lawyer up.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think this can help Boots:

[​IMG]

10. zagoshe

I really think what you should do is ask your girlfriend, you know that real hot neighbor you told us you were hitting it with, what she thinks about you offering to take co-workers home with you.....

11. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I work at a place where if it is a "he said", "she said" thing, then HR dismisses the complaint. The only way there will be disciplinary action is if a) there was a third party present who can vouch for the complaintant and b) if there is written/video evidence. If they find that it's true, then depending on the severity of the harrassment, the accused is subject to a mandatory course and/or disciplinary action which can include firing.

I am not sure how your policy works boots, but you may be possibly okay if it was verbal and it was only the two of you. But if there is an inkling that there is evidence, you could be in hot water.

12. zagoshe

SEXUAL HARASSMENT IS NOT A VICTIMLESS CRIME YOU KNOW!!!!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.