1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sex, videotape, and extortion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 31, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-liswin0201,0,2561843.story?coll=ny-li-bigpix

Duo charged with extorting "swingers"
    BY JOHN VALENTI AND MICHAEL FRAZIER
    Newsday Staff Writers

January 31, 2007, 12:50 PM EST

With friends like these... ?

A Long Island man and woman, acting in concert, placed ads on an adult "swingers" Web site searching for "friends" to get to know better - in sort of a carnal way - Nassau County Police said.

Then, police said, the man and woman videotaped the ensuing sexual episodes without the knowledge of their new-found "friends" and threatened to reveal the illicit tapes to the families of those victims unless they were paid.

On separate occasions the man-and-woman team became involved with an unidentified 43-year-old male from Garden City and a 47-year-old female from upstate New York. The two victims, who don't know one another, were videotaped and photographed having sex and then threatened with blackmail.

Both victims were married, said Det. Lt. Ray Cote of Nassau's Third Squad.

The investigation began after the male victim reported the blackmail to police and a sting operation was arranged.

On Tuesday, police arrested the mastermind of the scheme when he met the male victim to exchange $50,000 to keep the pictures private. The woman from upstate was blackmailed for $51,000, but police recovered $20,000 of that, officials said.

(since the saying goes TTIUWOP... your extortionists: [​IMG]

2. Why aren't there ever any hot sexual deviants?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd pay extortion money to keep anyone from knowing I had sex with those two.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It could be the victims were the hot sexual deviants and these two shlubs just got lucky.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Goodness, BYH is ugly.

6. The Basement

The Basement Member

they're out in public high schools disguised as teacher's assistants making every 17-year-old boy's fantasy come true...

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Beat me to it, though there seems to be more of those caught nowadays.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That teacher in Florida, the one who pled that she was too pretty to go to prison, was hot. And, apparently, too pretty to go to prison.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think we'll see this defense used more and more in the future.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Didn't help Pamela Smart.

[​IMG]

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Seeing those two mug shots put me off ever considering the swinger lifestyle.

Draft saved Draft deleted