1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seven Sportswriters Who

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LanceyHoward, Jul 23, 2019.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I googled Red Fisher. I read he would not interview rookies because they did not deserve the right to speak. Is that true?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are ghostwriters, and then there are collaborators who act as sort of super editors, working with the author's raw content (both written and tape recordings) and the author to bring out the author's voice as far as can be done. I've had pieces where a thoroughly changed sentence sounded more like me than what I originally wrote. I'm sure that's a common experience.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that Roy wrote every word of Wayne Gretzky's column in the National Post.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I'm just glad we got a dozen or so women sports writers mentioned after 5 pages of basically none. Would hate to be politically incorrect. Would hate to be insensitive. Would hate for us to have an honest opinion that wasn't directed by some bleeding-heart liberal's cries from the balcony.

What a joke. The reason no women had been mentioned to that point and still wouldn't be is because they, in general, are not memorable sports writers. Get over your fucking selves. There are some things that women simply do better than men and some things that men simply do better than women. Sports writing is dominated by men and generally better by men because they understand sports better.

There. At least somebody fucking said it.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Cool.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You aren’t one of those men.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    CD Boogie likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

the shtick wears thin

maybe stop posting for a while

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

People who confuse opportunity for ability are bad, dumb people. Discuss.

Patchen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted