1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seven pounds

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 19, 2008.

1. KG

KG Active Member

This movie sucks. I'm so bored with it that I had to come on here to post about its boringness before I die from boredom. I might not survive until the end.

2. jps

jps Active Member

kg, lemme know what the deal is, huh? And, btw, got your cookies today - litle jps is lovin em. I will, too, soon as I get this lite brite set up to go for her. thank you bunches.

3. KG

KG Active Member

Glad the cookies are a hit. Trust me, Lite Brite is much more interesting than this movie. BLAAAAAHHHH BLAAAAAAAAHHH SOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGG.

4. jps

jps Active Member

Cookies are a huge hit. She gobbled up one and quickly was wanting another. She inhaled that sucker. You are the queen of Christmas.
    (shoot me a pm later on this whole seven pounds thing. sure, I could google a review and spoilers, but I trust you more than them.)

5. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Seven pounds.
    What is what I wanted to give my head after watching this shit movie. For about 30 minutes. Online. For free.
    It's that bad.

Will Smith is downright fucking creepy. Like, CREEPY smile creepy. Rosario Dawson was good, Woody Harrelson was good in his one scene. Everything else sucked. Stupid. I'm all worked up about this.

A suggestion: Go see Milk. Or rent Finding Nemo.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree with you, but sometimes it's a good idea to watch more than 30 minutes before deciding that a movie sucks.

In this case, you're right. This movie does suck. But Harrelson has a lot more than one scene.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mrs. OOP dragged me to this one tonight, though I must admit, I liked it more than I thought it would. I thought it got better after the first 30 minutes.

It really wasn't hard at all to figure out the plan, but I think it was meant to be relatively easy. The question was what he would do as the situation changed.

Certainly not the best thing I've ever seen, but it wasn't bad.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Wait, that was a twist? I just assumed from a pretty early point in the movie that was what was going to happen.

9. outofplace

I didn't think it really qualified as a twist, either. Too easy to figure out.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Right, I mean what else was he going to do?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Haven't read this thread to see if this falls in line with opinion here. NY Magazine's worst movie of 2008.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/01/vultures_critics_poll_whats_th.html#photo=1

12. outofplace

Jeez, it wasn't THAT bad.

And I'm wondering if the one critic simply didn't get the reference in the title.

Draft saved Draft deleted