1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seven more

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, May 20, 2007.

1. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Buck, I agree completely about the families. They would certainly rather have their kids back. That's why I would rather see every military person overseas brought home tomorrow. Every one. Stop wasting money and lives on people who don't like us in the first place. If they want freedom, let them die for it, not our kids.

Angola, guess I missed the part where every non-Republican in the country voted against going to Iraq. Can you rustle up those votes for me? Can you? Well?

2. Kids?

They're not kids. They're grown men and women.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

All right I will take the part of the Republicans out, but I still believe Bush and Cheney have blood on their hands for eternity because of this stupid war.

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Of course they do, Angola, as do every member of the Senate and the House who originally voted for it. Just like Clinton for the Mogadishu mess. Just like every person in the White House and Congress who voted for the Viet Nam and Korea fiascos. That's the price they pay in history for aspiring to national leadership. It comes with the territory.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Doesn't mean they shouldn't bring the soldiers home right now.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was referring to the number of additional people who had put boots on ignore in the past hour.

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

That's why I said what I said, twice, in this thread. Bring every single military person we have home from every corner of the world ASAP.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

They are kids. Think of yourself at 19 goddamned years old.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I guess that makes it acceptable then.

Idiot.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think that it IS that simple.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Could you imagine the ostracization from the families that would come against one member articulating that point of view?

It's a visceral reflex reaction.... my boy COULDN'T have died for... nothing.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Many of them are not allowed to buy a drink in America.

Draft saved Draft deleted