1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sept. 28-30 CFB thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This is one hell of an ending though. Who would have ever imagined South Carolina ever being on the cusp of becoming a legitimate, national power?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A game of inches, even with this spot.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

South Carolina has basically forced me to root for them due to their efforts on defense early and offense now. These kids have a lot of guts.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Overtime would be great. Which team would be favored if the game gets to that point though?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The same one that was favored before the game.

Chicken Curse will kick on on fourth down anyway.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

fuckabunchauburn

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with the spike to give up a down. Yeah, I know there were no timeouts, but giving up a play ...

8. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I'm just glad there was no OT. Even us Central folks had to hurry up for deadline.

Now, of course, I'm done but traffic is so bad around the fairgrounds that I can't go anywhere for the next hour or two.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Finally got home and scrolled through the highlights on DVR ... and that play certainly stood out. Gamecocks have to like the progress, though, because they certainly look like a team about to take the next step.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Made my first trip to South Carolina last season and that may be the shittiest setting for a nice stadium anywhere in college football.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ditto that.
    It's okay though Dixie, the Tide will upset this weekend. I've got two confidence points on it. :D

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You can say that pretty much every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted