1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sepinwall's book excerpt on The Sopranos: The Russian, and The End

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you've hung around here for a few years, you probably know I take my television very seriously. So this is my pitch to buy Sepinwall's new book, which is great. It's $8 if you have a Kindle.

Or, at the very least, read this chapter about the Sopranos, which covers some of our old favorite topics.

l'm so glad Chase didn't let Winter talk him into bringing back the Russian.
  2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Re: Sepinwall's book except on The Sopranos: The Russian, and The End

I am wondering what the structure is. I don't want to read a book that's going to blend all these shows together often and spoil The Wire or Deadwood or others I haven't watched.
  3. Double Down

Broken into chapters. So you can skip the ones you you haven't seen. I believe it goes:

Prologue: (Brief Hill Street Blues/St Elsewhere/NYPD Blue riff)
    Battlestar Galactica
    Friday Night Lights
    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad
  4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I really gotta find a way to read this without a Kindle or whatever.
  5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Do you have a paperback reader?
  6. Double Down

You can straight buy the book. It just costs $16.99 as a paperback.

Also, can't you read books on your computer just with a Kindle app? I think that's possible, yes?
  7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This book is very high on my list of things to read next.
  8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I only have watched (as in, all or almost all episodes) four of those shows. I'm sure the essays are excellent, but I will wait on it. I do plan on watching The Wire and maybe Breaking Bad, too, so maybe after I plow through those. I am about finished with Friday Night Lights.
  9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm reading the book right now on my IPad with the Kindle app.

Kudos to Sepinwall for going the self-publishing route, too.
  10. JR

JR Active Member

Yeah, except you can't buy the book up here on amazon.ca. And amazon.com won't ship to Canada. And I really want to read this. Have seen all the shows except Buffy, battlestar & Friday Night. None of them interested me.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's what you get for living in Canada.
  12. JR

JR Active Member

That, and not being able to walk around with a Glock in the inside pocket of my Leafs jacket. :)
Draft saved Draft deleted