1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selling tickets when you don't have an event!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2011.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So you think selling those Super Bowl seats that ultimately proved to be non-existent was so bad? I got my Cowboys season tickets invoice yesterday, with a due date of May 1. Betcha Jerry's not the only NFL owner selling season tickets for a season that ostensibly is in limbo.

2. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

Got my Browns season ticket invoice about a month ago. They haven't raised ticket prices in three years (with the product on the field how could they justify it). They are going to refund any tickets for games not played plus interest. What I hate most though is having to pay for two meaningless exhibition games I never attend.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I always just make a mental adjustment to the regular-season ticket prices. So a $100 regular season ticket becomes $120 when I add on the fee embedded in the preseason ticket price.

The invoice/refund deal sounds like a pretty easy little story for a slow news day in many NFL cities.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Average NFL ticket price of $75 X 65,000 or so X 10 games = almost $50 million for owners to collect a little interest on over the next few months.

5. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Just curious, did they specify how much interest?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If nobody bought the tickets, they wouldn't be able to get away with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted