1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selig Serious About Expanding Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Nov 2, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Like all the ones on this thread that have blasted your theories to shreds? Like the Giants winning the World Series? Like the Rangers making the World Series? Like the same # of MLB teams making the playoffs since 2002 as in the NFL? Like those? The darn facts we offer up as you put your fingers in your ears and yell LA LA LA LA LA? Those darn facts?

And if we blasted the Twins for dumping Santana, it was b/c their owner is a kazillionaire who cried poverty until the day he died. (Notice that the Twins have opened up the pursestrings, hmmm, or do they now count as a Yankees-type franchise to you guys?) I also believe I said it was a good deal for any team to let a free agent pitcher go, b/c, as BB Bobcat notes, his post-FA years will never match the value he provided before hitting FA. So let someone else pay for his name and rep.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

C'mon beej, save it for your thread.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How does another team among the top 10 in MLB in payroll winning the World Series damage my theories in any way? Oh, that's right. It doesn't. It supports them.

Let's be clear. BTE was right. The Twins were ripped for being cheap in exactly the way he stated it. You were just too busy jumping into attack mode to realize what he was talking about.

Exactly how far into the red are owners in small markets supposed to go every year?

4. outofplace

Oh, and one more thing. I'm not sure why this doesn't sink in, but I've written it many times. I don't give a shit about parity. I want to see teams earn what they win, not buy it.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

OOP, are you criticizing me for jumping into attack mode? Mmmmm that's good irony. :)

(Nice to be having this convo so close to 50K. Warms the cockles of my heart, maybe even the sub-cockles)

6. outofplace

How the hell do you think I recognized it so easily? I've seen you do it with me often enough and I have certainly done it with you plenty of times. :)

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Selig Serious About Expanding Playoffs

The lions in winter

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They're usually found in fourth place.

Draft saved Draft deleted