1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selena Roberts: I think Whitlock was trying to out me; Chass is an old grump

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, May 20, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

You know something? I grew up denied the opportunity to do stuff because I didn't have a penis. And I'm not that much older than you. I love that younger women don't have to think about this stuff. I hate that you never think about this stuff and the tribulations of those that paved your road.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

There's a difference between not considering myself a feminist just because I work and not appreciating what others have gone through.

PLEASE don't assume you know my thought process or what I appreciate and don't.

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

See, that's the point thought. It honestly doesn't matter if you consider yourself a feminist or not. If you work outside the house. If you've chosen to remain single. If you cast votes. If you want to be paid the same as men who do your job. That IS feminism in action. Feminism is not the cartoon suggestions of folks who oppose equal rights for women, which is at the heart of the matter.
    Feminism is not a bad word.

4. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Totally agree. However, it seems the new feminist movement is guided by a complete man-hating agenda.

5. imjustagirl

Benefiting from the actions of feminists and being a feminist are not the same thing. Kind of basic.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What in the world does this mean?

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

It means I'm done and taking my feminist ass, and the rest of me, elsewhere.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am woman, hear me roar

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How ironic that a discussion over the insult of 'angry feminists' has led to....angry feminists.

Can I just suggest, without throwing gas on the fire, that part of our progress in the world has been the right to be whatever we want, without being judged or labeled by the choices we've made.

10. imjustagirl

You're just a straight feminist.

11. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Maybe if she so much as apologized for her blind disregard in the lacrosse case, people would get off her back. She could start by making amends from her stupid assertion that something "still happened that night" after authorities vindicated the players. But being wrongheaded is just too much in her blood. Nevermind the hypocrisy of class warfare on a bunch of upper middle class kids, living in a Durham shack, when she's holding down a six-figure columnist job at the Ivory Tower of newspapers.

Any ragtag journalist acts this disingenuous and libelous - sent packing. She gets a back cover column in Sports Illustrated.

And Feinstein gets it just as hard as she does, and just as deservedly so.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hey, it's better than being an old grump. 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted