1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Selection Sunday 2011 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The win over Georgetown is great in name, but they didn't have Wright and were on a like a five game losing streak. The last three were definitely impressive though.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Just minutes away until everyone gets pissed about something the committee did.

3. Mystery Meat II

No surprises in the No. 1 seeds, though I would have taken Notre Dame over Pitt myself.

4. Mystery Meat II

West Virginia should get a seed bump just for that one dude breaking out the robot

5. mb

mb Active Member

I'm as big an SEC fanboy as you'll find, but anyone who thinks Georgia should be a 10 seed ... hell, I don't even know what to say.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Really? We could have a Big East rematch ... in the second round: Cincinnati against Connecticut. That seems to be a screw-up, no?

7. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

No. ESPN explained how that was supposed to work. The top three Big East teams have to be in separate regions, and then the top eight Big East teams are not supposed to meet until at least the Sweet Sixteen.

So if UConn is in the top eight and Cincy is not, then this would be OK.

Also, boo to CBS for not including the seed numbers with the brackets. Yes, they can be figured out in seconds, but that shouldn't be necessary.

8. Mystery Meat II

Richmond a 12 seed? Winners of 27 games and the A-10 tournament? F'real?

9. MileHigh

Nervous time in Boulder. Where are the Buffaloes?

10. Mystery Meat II

VCU AN 11 SEED? Even as an almost alumni, that's pretty fucking shocking.

11. MileHigh

Like that 5-12 "upset": Utah State over Kansas State.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They're there. You have an old-school TV like I do. I can't seen them, either. Just like I can't see half of the 3-pointers put up in games. Time to invest in a flat-screen.

Draft saved Draft deleted