1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seinfeld cast to reunite in CYE finale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or Jay B. Smoove (AKA Leon Black)

2. He blows Crazy Eyes out of the water. The whole phone call from the Japanese dude. The showdown with LD before they moved out of the house.

"You fucked up, LD!"

"FUCK YOU, LARRY!"

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Leon's going to get in Kramer's ass ... and just throw that Snicker's wrapper on the floor.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

"Something in the gravy category?"

5. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I wouldn't say it was "shitful". It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't up to the show's standards. But it was far from bad, in my opinion.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I actually kind of liked it. I think, at the time, the finale became so overhyped that there was no way it could live up to said hype.

I love how the series basically ends with all four imprisoned indefinitely. Name another show that would sign off in such a manner.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed. There was no way they could have measured up to the hype.

The finale isn't bad. It's got some funny moments, and it really plays to the theme and overall construct of the show quite well. Plus, for a show that developed so many memorable ancillary characters, it was a nice way to pay homage to all of them. Actually, that episode is a nice bow on the whole series.

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

"[Seinfeld] at a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2,000 a week to live like him. Do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money..."

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think back on Seinfeld, remembering the acting and the plots and the lines, and it just doesn't seem funny in retrospect.

Then I actually watch an episode, and it's hilarious again. Something about it just worked.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The finale was a disaster. I'm stunned that anyone can call it a favorite episode.

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Maybe I missed it, but who called it a favorite episode?

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Loved the show. Still do. Have never liked the finale it's sponge-worthy, as in someone left a mess at the end of the party.

I've forgiven them.

Draft saved Draft deleted