1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seinfeld cast to reunite in CYE finale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/30/seinfeld-cast-to-reunite-_n_248339.html

God, I wonder how much of Richards' racist rant they are going to touch on....

When is Curb premiere anyway?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's actually for five episodes, not just the finale.

And the 7th season starts on Sept. 20, according to Wikipedia, though given David's track record, that's probably changed 10 times since that entry was posted.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

All four .. together... finale

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Exciting news. I still haven't seen any episodes from last season. I can't remember the Web site that lets you watch 'em for free.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

WatchTVSitcoms.com works. As does surfthechannel.net.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm picturing a scene where the members of Larry's new family let Richards have it.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There is one character who should go off on him in the way only she can: Susie.

Oh, that would be fun to watch.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It can't be any worse than the real Seinfeld finale...

Has Richards worked at all since screaming the N-word at The Laugh Factory?

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No, at least not in television or film.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I listened to Seinfeld on the Dennis Miller radio show about a month ago, funny stuff. The guy can count on $80 million a year every Jan. 1 without doing anything. Amazing.
    I wonder though, you've got to address Jason Alexanders and Michael Richards's struggles, don't you? Maybe they could have Jeff Garlin remark how sad it is you don't see many of the great supporting players get much work after a great sitcom ends.

11. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

One of the (many) great Curb scenes came in one of the early seasons when Larry had a meeting with Jason Alexander to talk about doing a show together. Larry's idea was for Jason to play an actor who just finished a long-running successful series and couldn't get another job because everyone wanted to type-cast him as the character he played in his old show.

Alexander gets all pissed off because he insists he can play a much wider range than just George Costanza, and at one point he goes off on this tirade, yelling "I can do more than just play this idiot -- why do I have to be relegated to this!" And he's shaking his hands and ranting -- so as he's complaining he doesn't want to be George Costanza he's doing George Costanza ... and, of course, George is based on Larry, who responds, "Well, I'm sorry you hate the character so much." Priceless.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Alexander is a talented guy. He played a sicko on Criminal Minds a few months back. He and Richards would both be pretty good playing sickos.

Draft saved Draft deleted