1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking writer for weekly college lacrosse updates

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by burns81981, Feb 5, 2015.

1. burns81981

burns81981 New Member

Lacrosse Magazine has an opening for a pair of spots in our weekly coverage of lacrosse. We're looking for someone to write weekly updates of the MCLA (men's collegiate club) and WCLA (women's collegiate club) leagues throughout the spring season - spanning from now through Memorial Day.

This would be remote work - open to anyone with an internet connection and willing to make a couple phone calls each week to flesh out your stories. Coverage expected would be a basic rundown of significant results from the previous week, a look forward to upcoming major games, and some news and notes from around the leagues as available.

Work would be paid at a rate of $75/column. A qualified writer could snag both gigs if they're interested.

General knowledge of lacrosse is a big plus, as is knowledge of the club world.

Shoot me an email at sburns@uslacrosse.org for details if you are interested.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard from this editor? I e-mailed him twice with no reply back.

3. Yes and he told me both positions have been filled.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OK, thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted