1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking wisdom, advice, guidance, etc.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jim Halpert, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

A few months back, I came here seeking your thoughts as I ventured off to cover my first MLB game. Tomorrow (Monday), I delve into the NBA and seek those same pieces of advice. What is the schedule like pre- and post-game? Anything I need to know other than to spend the entire game IMing my friends, cheering for the home team and awkwardly staring at players in the locker room?

Thanks.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Make sure you have solitaire on your computer.

3. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

Done. I was also going to ask about how to dress, but I decided to just wear my favorite player's jersey, some mesh shorts and sandals instead. Oh, and a headband and wristbands.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Watch out for a lot of dong.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Ask for autographs.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Just about everything worthwhile happens before the game -- coach does his thing, locker room is open, shootaround, etc.

Knock out what you need to during that time, cover the game and then do the post-game stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted