1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking tips for trip to The Swamp

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Bunch of 6s.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The billboards say "Good Food," so it must be true.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Pete, you are now duty-bound to give us a full report.

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Yeah, somehow I don't see that happening. Unlike the "waitresses" at Cafe Risque, I prefer to maintain an air of mystery.

5. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Burrito Brothers is one of the most overrated restaurants in the country. There is nothing special about that place. It's just bad mexican food. I know some swear by it, but I've never understood why.

Napolitano's is good. Spurrier's favorite restaurant in town. Amelia's is good. Salty Dog is a pretty cool bar across the street from campus.

Northwest Grille and Ballyhoo are both outstanding.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ballyhoo is awesome. It's not near campus, but it's a really cool place to go. Great seafood.

7. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I had totally forgotten about the Salty Dog. Then again, the massive amount of alcohol I took in whilst in said establishment might have something to do with it ...

Trying to remember the raw bar I would go to ... Calico somethingorother ...

rb

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Calico Jack's.

9. It's closed now.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120508/ARTICLES/120509619

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Anybody who goes to Cafe Risque hoping to see a 6, should keep heading south to Mons Venus.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

DAMN. I went through literally thousands of oysters there (and hundreds of longnecks ...) back in the day.

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted