1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking some advice from international travelers (on Ireland)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

The lady friend and I are flying into Dublin next spring and we want to book a place to stay for the first three days we're there before we attempt to traverse the country. I found what seemed like a decent deal at a place called the Eliza Lodge which is right near Temple Bar for $490 American (double bed, bathroom, breakfast included).

If anyone has gone before, do you have any suggestions or websites to check out for decent places with (somewhat) cheap rates? I know its the middle of Dublin, so it's going to be expensive unless we go the hostel route.

2. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Bed and breakfasts and manor homes are the way to go in the Irish countryside. Don't know much about Dublin town but here is a website with some rates:
    http://reservations.goireland.com/affiliates/avlSearchResults.asp?affiliatevisitid=3705501&AffiliateID=129&provid=43

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

BRoth, check your PMs.

4. B -
    I can recommend Buswell's Hotel. Across the street from the National Museum and the chambers of the Dail, the Irish parliament. Easy walk to Market Street and Temple Bar. And if you don't stop in at Grogan's on South William Street, the greatest bar in the world, shame on you.
    Slainte!

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I will second the Grogan's recommendation. A fine way to spend an afternoon, or so.

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Thanks a lot everyone! Keep any advice coming. We've still got months to go, but we're really starting to look into plans for the trip.

Fenian ... I am certainly stopping by Mulligans and just about any other bar that I will be able to stumble in to.

Draft saved Draft deleted