1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking Advice: Dealing with foolishness coming back from vacation

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by silvershadow1981, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Tell him you want complete box scores. Offensive AND defensive stats. That should stop him by the second week.

Seriously, this is some bullshit. You need to be polishing up the resume, because there is no way this ends well.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Any chance you can post some of the excerpts from his first article? I can tell I'll need a good laugh in a couple weeks. :)

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

If there is any justice in the world, Ad Rep Jr. will win the starting quarterback job and completely suck. It would be fun to see Daddy write around four interceptions.

And, no, I'm not above wishing ill will on children simply for spite.

4. Asking me about edits I made to his camps open story = hilarity.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

"What do you mean I can't say 'John has the type of talent only bestowed on a few, select individuals in the history of mankind' and what's wrong with the line about how he'll 'revolutionize the sport of football for all eternity'?"

6. Funny enough, editorializing was part of it. His kid didn't appear in this story though.

7. How great would it be if Ad Guy lurked here?

8. I don't think it'd be great. Which I thank you for reminding me of that.

9. "I get to brag, my son had a touchdown passing, receiving and rushing in the scrimmage on Saturday." Oh boy.

10. FuturaBold

FuturaBold Member

You might do well to just let this play out for a few weeks ... chances are you'll have your sports section back once Mr. Ad Guy has his bubble burst a few times ...

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Golfnut, I had to put up with similar crap one time when my boss asked me to shoot video while covering a football game. Told him if I had four hands, I'd be glad to.

12. An Update: Three games in and the guy is complaining (not in print, but in general conversation) about how he feels the coach has given up on the season and that he doesn't understand why his son isn't playing more at quarterback.

Draft saved Draft deleted