1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SecDef cleans house at the Air Force offices

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 5, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'll say this for Gates: He doesn't fuck around. He shoved the Army secretary out on his ass last year because of the problems at Walter Reed. Have to say I'm very happy to see a SecDef who's willing to do the right thing, even if that involves whacking political appointees (Wynne's previous employer was General Dynamics).

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

See....this is a much bigger and more important story than any bullshit that's going on with the campaign trail. But too many journalists and too many Americans are too fucking short-sighted to see that.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm glad to see somebody taking a hard line when it's needed.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's some scary shit. Good for Sec. Gates, lets hope he continues to do the right thing when hiring the replacements.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

An Air Force Secretary formerly a corporate stooge for a major supplier. Well knock me over with a feather.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Apparently he has a history of taking accountability to the highest levels.

Glad I'm not a general.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, that's because Hillary hasn't CONCEDED yet! Oh, no, she hasn't conceded!

Watched beginning of Today show this morning. First discussion of politics was predicting what states Obama and McCain will carry. No issues, no discussions. Just, Obama wins Illinois, and McCain wins Arizona, and let's figure out the electoral votes from there. Five months before the election.

And we wonder why we get the government we have.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Kickass.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Expect nothing from an Aggie but an ass-kicking.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And took names. :)

I had some reservations about Gates when he was first nominated. I'm pleased to know I was wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted