1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 26, 2006.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Miles ain't in the hot seat...clobbering Miami in that bowl game gave him some leeway for at least half a season or so. Course, if JaMarcus Russell comes out of the gate cold, that may change.....

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Most definitely. His talent was never the question. Kid is scary talented.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Not sure if that is what happened or if someone came in late on a bunch of questioning about his former high school teammate, Blake Mitchell, who of course, IS at South Carolina.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah. I remember watching Schaeffer in his first game with Tennesee and I was expecting him to be the next "it guy" in college football. I've been to a few websites and I've learned he's been tearing up his JUCO league since his absence from Divsion I football. He threw for more than 4,000 yards, 40 touchdowns and 16 interceptions, while rushing for another 854 yards and 12 scores. Division I is different and all, but I'm sure he'll do just fine.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Great column by Wojciechowski on the party down there:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2531222&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Especially like this part: "The SEC has its share of X-and-O questions, as well as the dreaded, "Can you talk about [insert topic, because I'm incapable of actually framing a question of my own]?"

Wish I could be there. I always like to be where the sportswriters' party is.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Shaggy, your sig photo bothers me in the wurst way.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Quit knockiing his wurst....

Pretty good column by Wojo, but I have clothes older than have the people in that photo

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Why? That's one of sport's greatest moments...especially since it had to be premeditated. That makes me giggle.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i've been there. glad i'm not

11. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Hoops, we're all glad, too.

12. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Tuberville is funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted