1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 26, 2006.

1. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

let's go drink some beers!

2. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

I can't believe this thread is languishing with so many SJers who are in lovely Hoover this week. Where has everyone gone? Why all the lurking but non-posting?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What'd he have to say?

4. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

Perhaps we're all just too damn professional to post when we should be working. Ah, who am I kidding?

I know some of the guys are out on the golf course and I'm back in my hotel room finishing some tab stuff.

And Spurrier was pretty entertaining.

He made ESPN's Holy Rowe look a little silly when she asked about what he and Blake Mitchell have been working on this summer.

Transcript from secsports.com:

Q. How do you handle your quarterbacks in the off-season? Do you sit down with them and say, here is what I'd like you to work on? If so, what did you tell Blake Mitchell you'd like to work on?

COACH SPURRIER: That's against the rules. You can't sit with your quarterbacks during the off-season. They have certain hours and so forth. He can come up and watch tape on his own. It's against the rules for the coach to sit around with them.

But Blake has done a good job of coming up and watching tape on his own, from what I hear, trying to prepare. He has shown a commitment to do that. He works with the younger guys, trying to teach them. That's what you try to do, you try to teach your older guys to teach your younger guys the offense because coaches are not allowed to meet with them during the off-season.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Anybody hear if the Ole Miss coach will start Brent Schaeffer?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holly still look like she's been ridden hard and put up wet?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If Schaeffer gets in, he's the guy. Course, how Ogre could name him the starter without him practicing once is beyond me. But he's got to get in first, at that's up in the air.

And even if he gets in, enjoy him never going to class, always being high and then kicking someone's ass for (maybe) stealing his girlfriend's cell phone.

8. Needles

Needles Member

Geesh. What an image.

needles

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah. When did she improve?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That about covers it.

Unfortunately, in about 5 weeks Tennessee fans are going to be wishing he was still there, I'm afraid.

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Hey man where is the hallucination store, anyway?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No Brent Schaeffer, no Jim Bob Cooter...
    You might be afraid, but many others would love to see it happen to a nice guy like CPF

Draft saved Draft deleted