1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 26, 2006.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

SORRY. I DIDN'T MEAN TO PISS YOU OFF. I DON'T EVEN DRINK THE DR PEPPER. BUT IT SPONSORS EVERYTHING SEC. WHY ARE WE YELLING?

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

fuerte and legitimate -- two words that definitely are rarely uttered in the same sentence.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm already tired of the commercial for UK football in this town. It's been airing for the last two months or so, and it has the turn of "Saturday nights alright...". I hate UK fans.

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

It's 12:35 in Birmingham and the lobby bar at the Wynfrey is officially closed. Elsewhere in the city, I'm sure damage is still being done to SportsJournalists.com livers. And I'm as legit as any radio person's allowed to be considered on here.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

:'(
    Forget Dr Pepper. Get this man a creme soda!

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know, I laughed pretty hard. More because of its random, out-of-the-blue guerrilla tactic than its content.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

LOUD NOISES!

8. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Rufino...you must be drunk. We stayed in the Wynfry bar until about 1 a.m. local time. Not so bad on a Wednesday night! Way too many on the company. Thank god it's Ole Miss up first!

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

So when is the "grrlhack is drunk. Ask me anything" thread going to pop up?

11. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Trust me, I'm not drunk. Bar was closed at 12:35 central, although some stragglers (presumably you among them) hung around on the couches outside longer than that, which may get you to "about 1 am local time". There are plenty of loaded folks rolling in from other spots as I type this. My work's done - time to head upstairs and call it a night.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, so which school has the best media guide? I'm assuming they've all followed NCAA guidelines with regard to size, etc., so who did the best job with it?

Also, did Ole Miss trot out any players that anyone has heard of?

Draft saved Draft deleted