1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 26, 2006.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I'm not Southern and I'm not an SEC writer anymore, but that little act of yours is pretty stale and old.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Just curious...how many of you there are legitimate sports writers for legit publications, radio stations and TV stations, and how many are web site or podunk weekly dorks?

3. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

I work for a daily newspaper, but I don't know how legitimate I am. Reports vary.

4. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Legitimate? There's a complex idea.

5. WS

WS Member

are there a lot of fans getting autographs? that always irritated the hell out of me the 3 years I was there. Joe Redneck in his Joe Namath jersey lookin cool

6. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

My birth certificate says I'm legitimate.

And the fans weren't that bad this year. There were about 20-30 in the lobby that I could see. There might have been more after I went upstairs.

Yo mizzou...how's my writin'????

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I haven't covered SEC Media Days in 2 years and I'm out of that loop for the next few more probably.
    Still, I can't wait to see what Croom has to say about how his Alabama products (Henig at QB and Thornton at RB) are going to ignite the offense and tear up the conference this season.
    The maroon defense is supposed to be pretty slick, too.
    We all have already heard that Houston Nutt's on the hotseat.
    So's Miles (to hear the Tiger fans tell it, anyway)
    Tuberville's in whatever hole he and his A.D. dug for themselves, while Kentucky and Vandy are again behind the 8-ball.
    Write your MSU stories.
    Those are the ones I can't wait to read.

8. WS

WS Member

maybe MSU will beat Ole Miss again this year. I'm sure the rest of the SEC is biting their nails over Henig and Thornton

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Aww, man. That's because Dr. Pepper is the official sponsor. And it might be the last time until the SEC basketball media days and/or SEC championship game that I drink/see Dr. Pepper.

I just stick with the water. It's safe. I think.

And, I'm legitimate. I swear. Mom says I am, at least.

10. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

Now that my work is done for the day, bring on the BBQ.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

THERE IS NO PERIOD AFTER THE DR IN DR PEPPER!

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

fortunately for Mrs. Pepper

Draft saved Draft deleted