1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SEC Media Days

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Needles

Needles Member

I was fading in and out during Miles, but I heard parts of a story that he had been asked constantly who was going to be LSU's starting quarterback. During a visit to Iraq (I think), he said he woke up one night and could not fall back asleep. He rolled over to his wife, nudged her and recalled today saying the following: "I asked her if she wanted to ... um ... talk (sly grin). So she said, 'Yeah, let's talk. Who's going to be the quarterback?' "

It was beyond strange. And not an especially great story.

needles

2. Needles

Needles Member

The great Rich Brooks got a bump, too. Nice guy.

needles

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Mine, by a nearly 2 to 1 margin. Then again, I am sure Andy Staples could have given me a better match. ;)

Like a certain caveman who crashed that longest drive on 15, I am all about the long ball. Chicks dig it, you see.

rb

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Ah, good old-fashioned American inside jokes. Gotta love them. Well played, my friend. Well played.

5. Gettin' to be that time again. Uncle Passy, uh, Murci is looking forward to seeing all you scallywags again.

Just don't shout my name out loud again, Slappy.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not goin, brother... dont you fret nor fear... as for the 300 other SportsJournalists.com members who will wax attendance, I cannot speak for them...

But thanks for dredging up a year-old thread to single me out for something that happened two years ago, instead of mentioning it in a PM. Penis.

7. It was no big deal and you know that.

If I was pissed, you'd know it.

I dredged up the year-old thread because, you know, it's Media Days time again. Only one year later.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Took me a couple of pages to realize this had been dredged up. Hi ho.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BigRed, Mizzou knows better than to take a rip at his own fellow Midwesterns. We'll stick a corncob up his ass and he'll be making diamonds out of it. ;D

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I for one am excited to get the opportunity to worship at the altar of Saban, if only for a short while.

I wonder if he'll eat at the Shula's in the lobby.

11. I'll eat at Shula's if you're paying, John.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, I'll tell Ms. Slappy I have to work... And you do work for a kind and benevolent boss who would understand...

Draft saved Draft deleted