1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SeaWorld would rather sign it to a lifetime contract

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Saturday's deadly attack is the third in just seven weeks off Western Australia and comes only 12 days after Perth businessman Bryn Martin disappeared while swimming at Cottesloe Beach. He was suspected to have been taken by a shark.

The attacks -- which are far beyond the state average -- prompted authorities to issue a catch-to-kill order just one hour after Wainwright's death Saturday, the first such order in the history of the state.

"The decision has been made that if we capture the shark we will kill it," Department of Fisheries regional manager Tony Cappelluti said. "The policy is that if there's a clear and present danger that we can take a great white."

[​IMG]

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/police_id_american_killed_in_shark_fQj3HW9WLljTZrl6ROTWNK#ixzz1bflxmvSh

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if it signs, it loses its right to its image for video games for the rest of its life.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for ya, but it ain't gonna be easy ... Bad fish. It's not like going down to pond chasin' blue gills or tommy cots. This shark -- swallow ya hole. L'il shakin', l'il tenderizin', down ya go.

Now we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back the tourists, that'll put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant! I value my neck a lot more than 3,000 bucks, chief! I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him ... and kill him ... for 10.

Now you gotta make up your minds. Gonna stay alive and ante up? Or ya wanna play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter? I don't want no volunteers; I don't want no mates. There's too many captains on this island.

Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that, you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I got this one, too.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Greg Norman denies any involvement.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You know what sounds like a good idea? Let's throw some blood and meat in the water on a hook near where everyone is swimming.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/authorities-hunt-great-white-shark-that-killed-us-man-in-3rd-recent-attack-off-west-australia/2011/10/24/gIQAjUCTCM_story.html

Draft saved Draft deleted