1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle travel tips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Nov 6, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Well, it's nice when a local culture makes its contribution to world cuisine. The Philly cheese steak, for example. French onion soup. Peshawari nan. And so on. So it is with the Seattle hot pocket.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Why did I click on that?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, in the end, I'd rather receive a Seattle Hot Pocket than a Hot Carl.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Lake Union is actually a lake. The Fremont Cut connects the lake to Puget Sound.

5. writing irish

Yeah, that wasn't a very well-written entry. It mentioned nothing of capers, pearl onions, dill weed, lemon wedges, etc. Every salmon-and-heroin treat should be garnished properly.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Which is why the Ballard Locks exist.

Writing Irish, I'd definitely check out the Ballard Locks. They are pretty cool and that area of Seattle has lots of stores I could see you liking for some reason -- actually you'd probably dig Fremont and the University District more -- but still, the Locks are cool.

7. writing irish

The Ballard Locks? Sounds like a 1980s hardcore punk band made up of pissed-off Maple Leafs fans.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If you have any appreciation for engineering, the locks are really cool.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Drove by the Lusty Lady on my shift tonight, the sign out front: Erectoral College.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome!

I just pulled out my camera. The other side said "Forget SIFF, get STIFF." I have no idea what SIFF was. But funny.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

SIFF = Seattle International Film Festival

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that sign. SIFF was the Seattle Independent Film Festival; I remember reading one of the alt-weeklies and they had a big story.

Draft saved Draft deleted