1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle travel tips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

keep talkin' dirty to me, ducks.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Did you really go there? I have lived in Seattle forever and have never been there. If you wanna go to a strip club, Ricks is the best.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

lying canadian bastards.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Check out Lake Union. Its gorgeous, (its really part of the bay but they call it Lake Union).

Look around you, its so beautiful with the clean and clear air and Mt. Ranier as a backdrop.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No, we walked past it. The marquee said "Always open, never clothed" and something else tawdry on the other side. I loved it.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

If you're into touristy crap, I thought the Underground Tour was kind of cool. You can tour Safeco for like $8, too, which is well worth it (I'm a sucker for ballpark tours).

And Petty's right -- if you get the chance to go up to Victoria, by all means, do it.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Beth's.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and, for the love of god, remember the titans.

9. I've trumpeted Kerry Park in the past...best view in Seattle, hands down. It's in Queen Anne, not far from the Space Needle and the <s>gigantic coffin</s> Key Arena.

Someone mentioned Lake Union, which is gorgeous. Last time I was there, we rented a kayak in the U-District and took it all over the lake. Check out Montlake Cut and the Ballard Locks too. Both are quite scenic.

Also, I can't stress this enough. Get a Cuban sandwich at Paseo in Fremont. It will only be the best f'n sandwich of your life. Prepare to wait in line (which can stretch up the block at lunch time), but oh man, is it worth it.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Forgot about Ebbets Field Flannels. It's moved since I was there if it's over by Elliott Bay instead of on Occidental near Pioneer Square, but it's a great store.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No, it's still on Occidental. Elliott Bay is only a block away, on Main.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted