1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle Times -- Sounders reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Jun 16, 2014.

1. mcleme9

mcleme9 New Member

I absolutely love working in Louisiana, but one of the biggest downfalls is the lack of soccer programs. No professional teams in the area (New Orleans Jesters are close), and most of the major colleges don't have teams. It's hard to build up the resume with soccer experience for jobs like this when the opportunities just aren't there.

Still going to apply, just not holding out much hope. Especially if there are plenty of applicants with years of soccer experience under their belts. Best of luck to everyone applying!

2. AlexKHall

AlexKHall New Member

Yeah, this is just an all-around awesome opportunity at a big-time paper. I likely don't have as much soccer reporting experience as others who have applied but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one. Doesn't get much better than covering one of the MLS' most popular teams for one of the West Coast's biggest papers. Good luck to everyone in the hunt for this one!

3. kkoczwara

kkoczwara Member

Anyone hear back on this yet?

4. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I have more insight on this if you want to PM me with questions.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was posted eight days ago.

Slow your roll there, cowboy. These things take time.

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

This position has been filled

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/take2/2014/07/14/matt-pentz-hired-to-cover-sounders-reign-for-the-seattle-times/

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'll safely assume Matt Pentz was not one of the posters on here practically begging for the job.

Lesson to be learned there, kids. And congrats, Matt.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Guess this explains the opening in Longview.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

A month late to respond to this post, but soccer has more concussions than football. Just saying.

10. FusilliJerry

FusilliJerry Member

You wouldn't know it if he was, though.

11. FusilliJerry

FusilliJerry Member

No, it doesn't. At least not by percentage of players afflicted. Just saying.

12. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

You're right, it's No. 2. Was thinking back to to an old story I wrote and forgot it was looking at every sport other than football since it was No. 1.

Draft saved Draft deleted