1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seattle ROTC kid blows his leg apart at football game.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by enigami, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Reprehensible. And they're actually FREEZING OUT this kid and his mom? This is one case where I literally hope the trousers are sued off of some asshole. What bunch of fucktards.

2. I thought "conservatism" was meant in the dictionary sense -- preserving status quo, limiting change at all costs.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Good lookup. Although I suspect at least part of the mention of "conservatism" has to do with all the compassionate conservatism sweeping the nation. Y'know, the concept where you actually care about people in need while holding onto your conservative roots. Apparently, in some cases and in the case of at least one board member, it's a concept that's just words and not a whole lot else.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Those people are stupid.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

What terrible, awful people.
    Football isn't about a cannon. It's about football. And to freeze a kid out because he got his leg messed up badly by an unfortunate explosion that could have happened to any of their kids is disgusting humanism.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

When I was in college, a buddy of mine, out of nowhere, said if he won the lottery he would buy Lemont, Illinois. That way he could paint the words "ya big dummy!" after 'Lemont' on the water tower...

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I read the story yesterday and something that has been bothering me about it is this: Does something actually shoot out of the cannon or is just for the sound? That question is never really answered.

Also, Snohomish is a cute little town, but the people are definitely dumbasses. They continue to build new houses in the floodplain and continue to bitch when half the town is underwater come spring.

8. enigami

enigami Member

Bingo.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This has nothing to do with politics. NOTHING. And while I'm sure it won't help, or change anyone's mind, I'll provide ...

2004 Presidential Election Map, which shows the Snohomish, Wash., area looking very blue.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm

And your voting tally:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/PresidentialByCounty.aspx?oi=P&rti=G&tf=l&sp=WA
    Bush: 130,714; Kerry: 151,811

Again, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Just asking that we leave the politics out of this, because the area appears to be 99.9% asshole, regardless of political affiliation.

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

C'mon, man. Of course they still build. That's just the real estate realities in the Puget Sound area. Those flooded homes still go for 750k. </wish I was using sarcasm font>

As for the conservative thing, I was going to go where mustardbased just did ... Snohomish is Democrat all the way, as is most of the area.

11. enigami

enigami Member

Didn't mean to add a drop of red blood into this tank. Whoever the people of Snohomish vote for, they still suck in my book.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

No question. It's tough to win Douchebag of the Year this late in the game, but they've got a shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted