1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Season 4 of Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Found the Kenny Rogers T-shirt on eBay, gonna bid on it for Bubbler:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-KENNY-ROGERS-T-Shirt-SMALL-NEW-/200633260605?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&hash=item2eb6ac9a3d#ht_1910wt_905

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It should come with a pair of white jeans. One size too big, of course.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

After its appearance in Breaking Bad, the seller should be asking — and could probably receive — a lot more.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I kind of like how Badger and Skinny Pete lighten things up on the show.

6. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Holy Moses, Saul's commercial was fantastic!

7. Bubbler

Transitional episode. Kind of figured it would be.

Who called Walt on the phone at Gus' place? Didn't sound like Gus or Mike. Was it the new guy?

Also, Walt is still hopelessly naive. I can't tell if Mike beat his ass: a) to send a message that Walt is in way over his head; b) because Walt's persistent selfishness is going to get them all killed; c) loyalty to Gus out of fear; d) because Mike didn't want to hear the truth's Walt told about Mike's own situation because Mike knows Walt is right about Gus and is scared himself; e) pure annoyance; or f) a little bit of all of the above.

Think about being in Mike's shoes and having to deal with Walter. Walt would be the biggest pain in the ass on Earth. I'd want to sucker-punch him too.

Mainly, though, Hank deserves a kick in the balls for being such a relentless prick, though I imagine Marie's enthusiasm would get old real quick.

8. Bubbler

"I'm turning into a Sleestak" had me laughing.

9. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

I'd say, in answer to the Walt/Mike question, A, B and E. Plus, Hank, with all his time to sit in bed and think, is gonna put this together eventually.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Deadwood veteran Jim Beaver as the gun salesman was an inspired choice. He was fantastic.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

The one main thing I took out of last night -- aside from thinking that Hank is being a real shit, and I hope Marie pushes back hard soon -- was that the thinking has been that Walt is fast-tracking into some kind of Scarface Gangland boss, but Mike reminded him just now new he is to all this and how much of a lightweight he still is and how far he has to go (if you consider progress toward becoming a soulless criminal "progress).

12. NDub

NDub Guest

I think Mike's beatdown was telling Walt to slow the hell down because he's going to destroy everything. I'd guess Mike, while still loyal to Gus, is having second thoughts about working for the guy. He looked bothered. Or maybe... just maybe Mike kicking Walt's ass was to keep him off Gus so he could be the one to later pull the trigger.

Draft saved Draft deleted