1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Season 4 of Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SF_Express, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This has been out there for a while now, but it's still some great stuff.
    Tiger trouble? Tigers are legal in Texas!
    Better call Saul!

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

2. NDub

NDub Guest

I've got the season 3 finale and I'm caught up. I'm still totally reeling from the "Run" line. That was the second- greatest "holy shit!" moment I've ever seen in TV. Just wow.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I just finished season 3 last night (if you have Comcast, all of season 3 is available On Demand). I can't wait for Sunday!

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"Half-Measures" should have been the season finale episode. That final scene was absolutely amazing, right down to the way it was shot, but so was this speech from Mike earlier in the same show, which I think is one of the best scenes from the series.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Damn, I love that scene. Great friggin' acting. Great writing. Totally psyched for Season 4.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

@Bubbler - I was clinging to every word Mike said in that scene. Thanks for that link.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"And two weeks later he killed her.......of course......caved her head in with a Waring Blender"

Awesome line. The pause before the "of course" and the "Waring blender".....(not just "a blender") make it almost perfect

8. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Finally got around to watching Season 3. Every bit as good as the first two, if not better. Hank versus the Psycho Twins was amazing. As was Pinkman telling Saul and Walt how he was gonna royally fuck Hank for what he did. One thing that threw me (very minor spoiler alert ...) was the mention of Combo's passing ... it's been awhile since I've seen Season 2. Or did I miss it in Season 3? Did they ever show how he got killed? That was some great casting ... Combo, Skinny and Badger and the three goofiest looking drug dealers in TV history. I'm up to the point where Walt fires the editor of the Baltimore Sun. Gonna see if I can knock the rest out by tomorrow night.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

@wedgewood - Yes, they showed Combo getting shot and killed by the 11-year-old kid.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6763000/bad-decisions

It says Breaking Bad is better than The Sopranos, Mad Men and The Wire.

I happen to agree.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

So do I.

This is my favorite point from Klosterman's column.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I love Breaking Bad, but I'm not ready to crown it just yet. To borrow a term from sports, Breaking Bad has yet to go through its decline phase.

It's been awesome up to this point, but what if Seasons 4 & 5 (which is supposed to be the last) are sub-par? The Sopranos up thru Season 3 was phenomenal, but it went downhill after that (or at least after Season 4).

If we cherry-pick three seasons of The Wire --- say 1, 3 & 4 --- it certainly stands up against Breaking Bad's three-season body of work.

If it's a one-season comparison, I'd put Season 4 of Mad Men up against Season 3 of Breaking Bad and consider it a fair fight.

Only when the show has completed its run, and only then, can we decide where it really belongs in the TV pantheon.

That said, I'm super fired-up for Sunday night. Get the Schrader-brau on ice!

Draft saved Draft deleted