1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sean Payton moves to Dallas, will commute to New Orleans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 8, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Any chance this is going to end with his wife banging a Jonas Brother?

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I thought that only worked with there was a reciprocity agreement between two states. You usually pay taxes where income was earned. In many cases, you'll get a credit for how much income tax you paid in your home state, but that won't be in effect for a Texas-Louisiana situation.

Why do you think some states get pro athletes for tax money when they might only play a few games on a road trip?

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/TurboTax/How-do-I-File-a-Nonresident-State-Tax-Return-/GEN12109.html

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A similar situation did not work for Coach Eric Taylor.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Not unusual in hockey

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Werder's original story said he would commute during the season. That has since been changed.

If they were living in Shrevport or Houston, I don't think anyone would blink, but the fact that it's Dallas, where he used to coach and where there is a coaching opening every couple years, it's going to be a constant distraction for all involved.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Incorrect.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Why does Louisiana or most other states have non-resident income tax forms? Just for the heck of it? If I lived in California and worked in Arizona, I would file a resident income tax form in California and a non-resident form in Arizona. I'd get a credit on my California income tax return for what tax I paid to Arizona on income earned there.

Or am I misreading why there are non-resident income tax forms?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2008-03-06-nonresident-state-taxes_N.htm

Tax instructions for La. non-residents
    http://revenue.louisiana.gov/forms/taxforms/IT540B(2010).INST.pdf

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Heck of a job Seanie.

9. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

A man who would rather send his kids to school in a Dallas Suburb as opposed to the New Orleans schools is a father who values education?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You think Peyton is sending his kids to public schools? I'm sure they'll be going to private schools in the Metroplex, even though there are some fantastic public schools there.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i'm guessing they'll go to southlake carroll school district

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is Vaquero Club in that district? I thought it was in Keller.

Draft saved Draft deleted