1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SE - Victorville, Calif.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ColbertNation, Jul 3, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The 210 has become a big-time godsend. It only took 30 years for it to finally happen, but what the heck.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

haven't been to socal in two and a half years. wish i could say i missed it, but i don't.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

In my career, I've left and come back a couple of times.
    It isn't for everyone, and it certainly isn't the easiest place to make a go of things. But there is a reason why more people move to Southern California than leave.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Depends where you are going and where you're at. Right now, they're widening 138, so going to the AV from the Inland Empire is a grind. It won't be when it's finished.

There are times Angeles Crest Highway can be a godsend... if there's all kinds of issues on the 5 or 14, or if you're going to Pasadena. I've taken it from Palmdale to the Rose Bowl many times. But yes, it can be a nuisance, especially toward the south end near La Canada, when it's hairpin turn after hairpin turn.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Both the 5 and 14 though Santa Clarita are literal hauls with all the truck traffic, but they beat heading north on the 15 to the 138 to get to parts north and west. The 15 now north of the 210 is often a parking lot. If you work in Victorville, you might as well (cough) live in the Victor Valley.

6. fishwrapper

And wear sunscreen.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

because it's the first place this side of the border?

8. fishwrapper

We'll take your point. What about Arizona, New Mexico and Texas?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ditto, i'm not for sure and ditto.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If somebody worked at Victorville in 2005 and 2006, please send me a PM. I have a question.
    Thanks

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, it still sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted