1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SE - Victorville, Calif.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ColbertNation, Jul 3, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I think Death Valley would be the place to avoid in California.
    It's 117 there now.
    Forecast to hit 130.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, 40 miles west, it's 110 degrees at 3:30.

Palm Springs and environs are expected to hit 121 today.

3. Htown

Htown New Member

I know the area very well. While I wouldn't want to live there, it's still much better than the middle of bumf**k Arizona. At least you can be in Huntington Beach or Newport in 45 minutes - on the weekend anyway.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

You and a million other people. More like 80 minutes from that side of Cajon Pass.

5. thebigd

thebigd Member

A person by the name of Kris Reilly is the new SE. They arer lkooking for a writer/desk person

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Reilly was the ASE before the SE left, looks like he got promoted.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And speaking from experience, since they've closed 138 between the 15 and Wrightwood, there's more cars to deal with.

That's because everyone heading to the Antelope Valley has to go up the 15, through the pass, exit in Hesperia and head through Phelan to pick up the 138.

Royal, ROYAL pain in the ass. Took me 2 hours to get home from Rancho Cucamonga the other day. Effiin' ridiculous.

8. MileHigh

Yikes. I heard about the 138 being closed because of moron drivers on that stretch putting the workers in some really dangerous situations. I haven't done the drive in years, but would it be about the same time/maybe shorter to take the 210 and go to the AV on the 14?

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I read that story about the idiot drivers harassing Caltrans workers. The throwing the burrito at one cracked me up every time I read it.

The route you suggested would take forever from SB. I've taken it before; I take it coming back from La Verne and it's an hour-45 from there at night.

I hear 138 is supposed to re-open next month. Damn, I hope so.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Or there's the scenic route: Highway 2 up through the San Gabriels.

Sixty freaking miles of two-lane, curving, twisting road at 30 mph the whole way.

I learned my lesson.

11. MileHigh

The 138 has been a disaster for years. Always hated that road.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

210 to the 15. Learn it. Live it.

Draft saved Draft deleted