1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SE at Bristol (Va.) Herald Courier

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Fletch_F._Fletch, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Who is (or was 10 minutes ago) the most recent new member of the board.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If that's true about Tabeek, that's a great hire. He'll do well.

Congrats, Matt!

3. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

That's who got it. Matt's good people.

4. Mike Graff

Mike Graff New Member

Never heard of him...

-- One more Cowboys fan down in my elaborate plan to go one more Cowboys fan down around here. --

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. bp6316

bp6316 Member

It's working Graff. Good luck with getting McMillan though. That'll be a tough Cowboys fan to get rid of!

Congrats to Matt. A good man getting a good opportunity. He and his family will be sorely missed around here though.

6. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Is this confirmed? a friend of a friend (not THAT f_o_a_f) told me this wasn't a done deal ...

7. I was told from the editor himself they made a hire. They were looking to move quickly and have a strong candidate in ASAP.

8. JackReacher

A hire has been made.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What did Matt do in Fayetteville?

10. Matt_Tabeek

Matt_Tabeek New Member

I'm not sure who "ArmanTamzarian" is, but obviously this person claims to know who I am or something about me. That's great, whoever you are. There's nothing like people who hide behind anonymous screen names and make ignorrant remarks. Then again, we get that from time to time in this business (especially in sports), usually in the form of a phone call or e-mail.

This is actually the first post I've ever made on this message board, so I've never made any "public declaring" about anything. C'mon "ArmanTamzarian," get your facts straight. I sure hope you're not a reporter or an editor.

As of this moment, I'm the assistant sports editor at The Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer. The rest is all specualtion.

11. JackReacher

I'll say...Arman is a find individual. And dead sexy, too.

12. Michael Farkas

Michael Farkas New Member

I hope this one gets worked out for the sake of the guys at the BHC. I know they're down some people and the busy season is approaching with prep football and a certain NASCAR event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.