1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scrubs to take place in med school next year; Cox & Turk to be profs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 19, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

They've earned the right to be given a chance, and he makes a good point about how much it would probably get crapped on if they tried to do the same show with different people (maybe they shouldn't be doing this in the first place?).

I'm curious to see who is this "big name" they're trying to get. None of the original cast was particularly big when "Scrubs" started, so it would seem to go against the grain trying to bring in a ringer on this reboot.

Then again, the ratings have never been particularly good, and sometimes you need to do stuff like that. HIMYM struggled for years and didn't get over the hump until they brought in Britney Spears, after all. Not quite the same situation, but the point remains.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Speaking of man-crushes, I want mine, Michael Cera, to have his own show ... not sure if he would be the right fit, but he's the first name that popped into my head.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They're so over the shark, they'd have to have a swivel on their head to see the dorsal fin.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

YOU'RE OVER THE SHARK!!!!

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but IS YOUR FATHER THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY?

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

That reminds me, has anybody seen the commercials for that Dylan McDermott show on TNT? There's this one where he's screaming at some guy on his crew: "THEY HAVE YOU ON VIDEO TAPE MOVING THE BODY!"

Reminded me of the "DISTRICT ATTORNEY!" promos.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just read about this in EW. I loved Scrubs, but this has epic fail written all over it.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Lawrence has said that if the Scrubs reboot is going to suck, he wants it to REALLY suck. So maybe that's what he's shooting for.

That said...MAYBE this can work, and here's why: I think most of us are in agreement that J.D. is, at the very least, an annoying twit and at worst, completely and utterly unlikable. It still doesn't make sense to me, investing so wholly in a show in which I cannot stand the main character. The supporting cast made Scrubs what it was. So maybe a show with Cox and Turk--two complex, well-developed characters whom you grew to like over the years, as opposed to growing to dislike, a la J.D.--as the leads can work. Maybe.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, many of us get to find out in an hour if the Scrubs reboot is really going to suck ... and no one has posted about it. Is Scrubs over?

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm willing to give the new spin-off with the same name a chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted